Monday 25 March 2013

Omawumi set to release second album


Over years of wait, fans of music diva, Omawumi Megbele who is simply known as Omawumi can now heave a sigh of release as she is finally ready to drop her second album. The artiste came to fame six years ago after becoming the second runner-up at the MTN Project talent hunt. Her first album, Super woman was widely accepted and simply shot her into super stardom. 
In April her second album which she titles, The Lasso of truth will be released at a high level concert in Lagos. On why she chose the name for her album she says, “It will be titled, Lasso of Truth. My last album was titled Wonder Woman and in the story about the comic character, she has a lasso with which she whips and forces victims to tell the truth. That is what I am about as an artiste and it reflects in my songs too.”


Preceding the album release is her concert which will hold at the Oriental hotel in Lagos. She says it is going to be one of a kind. “I realised a lot of people wonder who I really am, which is what I intend showing on the day of the concert. I agree I joke and I have a tendency to be a bit healthy crazy but I am also a very serious person. All these personalities are what I intend displaying on stage on that day. it is going to be my own concert but I will also be having a lot of my colleagues supporting me. My mother in the business, Onyeka Owenu will be there, Tuface Idibia will be there, Waje, Sheyi Shey, Timaya, Wiz Kid and Flavour. We are building a concept around their performances but that will be revealed on the day,” she says.


No comments:

Post a Comment